In the last few days I’ve been doing some minor updates for my blog, PlainSimpleFaith. You will find that the general layout has remained pretty much the same.
Here’s a summary of the changes made:
- New logo & color scheme. Simplified & minimized.
- Small enhancements to streamline the site’s interface.
- Responsive layout. The site has been optimized to fit on all browser widths/resolutions and on all mobile devices. Go ahead and scale your browser window and see how it automatically adapts. I felt this was needed, since my articles are often read on mobile devices.
- Updated E-mail layout for subscribers.
- A few bugs were fixed. The ‘tweets’ section to the right has been fixed, along with a few broken links.
There are also few changes I anticipate coming in the future:
- Bookstore, complete with online ‘shopping cart’. As you know, my wife has written & contributed to some books, and I we’d like a place to sell them in addition to TheColleyHouse.org. Web traffic to PlainSimpleFaith has been steadily increasing, making it an ideal site for an online storefront.
- Donation page. I operate this site out-of-pocket, and the maintenance and update costs are steadily increasing. If you enjoy this site and wish to contribute to its future, I’ll be adding something like a PayPal donation box somewhere.
- Resources page. More links, reference documents, etc.
If you notice some quirks to the new PlainSimpleFaith, please send me an E-mail letting me know (email@example.com). I want this site to be as helpful as possible as you seek to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord” (2 Pet. 3:18).
I really appreciate your readership; it is an honor to have you visit this website.
So, new look! Nothing profound, I know, but what do you think?