Who am I? My name is Ben Giselbach [pronounced giz-el-bawk]. You can just stick with Ben.
I’m married to the most wonderful woman on the planet, I am a graduate of Freed-Hardeman University, and I am the minister at the Cedar Springs church of Christ. Above all, however, I am a completely devoted follower of Jesus. In the words of Paul, “I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus,” “…that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead” (Phil. 3:14, 11). My goal in life is pretty simple. I merely want to go to Heaven, and in the process bring my wife, my family, my friends, and as many other people as I can with me.
This is my personal blog. Its purpose is to teach – and help those who teach – New Testament Christianity. I am a big believer in not just reforming Christendom, but actually restoring Christianity to the plain and simple teachings of the New Testament.
If you are new to my site, you might want to start by reading some of my most popular posts:
If you’d like my future blog posts to be sent directly to your email inbox, click here or fill out the “Subscribe” form at the right of the page.
More Stuff About Me
Some other things about me that you absolutely must know:
- I enjoy marksmanship and talking about firearms.
- I don’t just like coffee; I am a complete coffee snob. The truth is — good coffee starts with fresh, medium-to-dark roast beans, newly ground in a classic hand-crank coffee grinder, then immediately brewed in a French press and allowed to seep for 2 minutes. That’s good coffee.
- I collect old first edition Restoration Movement literature.
- I consider myself a Northerner (and proud of it!).
- I like antiques – especially vintage advertising. Give me an old porcelain sign with a hint of rust, and I’ll be your #1 fan for life.
- I don’t know anything about football, though by marriage I have a contractual obligation to be an Alabama fan.
- I play the piano and can’t listen to enough jazz.
- I enjoy web and graphic design, though I’m just an amateur.
- Road trips with my wife are the funnest things in the world.
- I thoroughly enjoy woodworking and building furniture.